Busy Fun Knitting Tuesday  

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

First I would like to offer my prayers and condolences to the victims and their families of the terrible tragedy that happened in Virginia this week. It is heartbreaking.


Why was Tuesday so busy and yet so fun? First I met up with Kris and Denise to knit on my lunch hour. If you are ever in Downtown Denver between 11:30 and 12:30, on the 16th Street Mall, going by Rock Bottom and Paradise Bakery, go in the lobby and you just may find a group of us knitters by the fountain. Be sure to stop and say hi and join us if you wish. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 of us and sometimes all 5 of us are there. No matter what there are good times going on. Kris is working on a beautiful summer top and Denise, the new Grandma, has baby knitting to do.
After work, I met up with the Arvada Knit Group at Lollicup for an evening of good clean knitting fun. First, Cathy's hedgehog was enjoying his frozen drink waiting for all to show up. He is just so squeezable and adorable. I will have to knit some of these guys. Cathy used squiggle as the novelty yarn and I love the look. She did a great job, look at those little beady eyes!
Cathy with her socketta sock and Cheryl with her Buttery Autumn sweater in Donegal Tweed seemed to be having a good time.
Christie got a present all the way from Hawaii from her friend Wanda. This needle holder is so much nicer than the canvas one I have. Look it even has her name on it. Makes me wish I could sew or better yet, that I had a friend named Wanda in Hawaii.
Christie and her beautiful shawl. It is a Cheryl Oberle pattern. The yarn is so beautiful, soft and luscious. Christie said this is the best picture she has ever taken. I think not!Later Betsy shows up and not only is she sporting her newly completed Jawbreaker, she has a new bag from Durango and she didn't bring me one! I love the bag. I think lime green goes well with purple but she was just not giving up the bag.
Nachaele livened thing up by bringing in her stash yarn to de-stash.
It looks like we took over the entire coffee shop and all knitters had a good time. I am not sure about anyone else trying to enjoy their evening at the Lollicup!
On the personal knitting "fronts"; I sat there knitting on the left front of my Jawbreaker all night only to realize at the end of the evening that I had forgotten to increase. The front increases are an integral part of this pattern. I ripped out everything I had just knit. (10 1/2" to be exact) It is so much fun doing this and just think, I get to have more knitting fun with the same yarn.
Later at home, things got worse. I compared the colors of the finished right front with the yarn ripped from the left front and discovered that the colors are so very different. Even DH who is color blind popped up and asked not only why they didn't match but why they clashed. The right front knitted up to be mostly light blue with some light pink thrown in and the yarn for the left front is a light purple overall color with more pops of darker pink and a darker blue mmmm .... what to do .... what to do .... I did the only thing I could do. Knowing I cannot possibly live with this, (color blind DH saying they "clash"); I ripped the right front and started over. I will use both skeins of yarn alternately for each front piece so at least the fronts will match each other, even if they don't match the very pink back.
Knitting is interesting.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


4 comments: to “ Busy Fun Knitting Tuesday

  • Anonymous
    April 18, 2007 at 10:33 AM  

    Such a fun knitting day and to think there is more to come on Saturday!! Love the pictures!!

  • Anonymous
    April 18, 2007 at 1:52 PM  

    So sorry to hear about the color problems. That is awful and very frustrating to have something go wrong that is completely out of your control.

    You could knit alternating rows with different balls of yarn to "even out" the color changes...

    Thanks for posting the Hedgehog pictures. He did have a good time and did enjoy his drink. :-)

  • Diane
    April 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM  

    Looks like you guys had a fun evening. I love the blue hedgehog! Good luck with your jawbreaker cardigan Leanne. Princess is a sweetie!

  • jen
    April 26, 2007 at 5:44 PM  

    What a fun time! I really need to come hang out with you all some time ... now, just to find a not-busy-moment ... :)