Where's the Snow and this or that  

Sunday, April 15, 2007

I looked for the snow they said was coming but this is all I found. Nothing but beautiful blue skies and sunshine everywhere. This is Colorado for you. It could snow or not! I like the or not better so this works for me.

Even the "Lizard" was out basking in the sun.

Snow or no snow, it was the perfect day to stay home and knit. Did I forget to mention Friday was my EDO (earned day off) anyway and I did not stay home because of the snow. I actually work my 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off. I love having that day to stay home to knit and do whatever I want.

I did some work on this .. I am making the Jawbreaker from the Winter 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. This one is out of the Patagonia cotton. It should be a fun little cover up to throw on with a pair of Jeans in the Spring/Summer. The colors are dark bright pink to a light purple/light blue. I picked the pinker skeins for the back and the bluer skeins for the front. I think it will be fun and funky when finished.

Saturday was another beautiful day in Colorado and I got to go to Colorful Yarns. It is a cute yarn store in Centennial Colorado. Who did I meet there? None other than Nachaele and Mary Kay. I also met Stacey from Sheep In the City. She was extremely helpful and nice. I will definitely go there again. I found some Tahki Cotton classic on sale at Colorful Yarn and here are the makings of a Log Cabin blanket from the Mason Dixon book. I can't wait to get started. I have 3 colors of 4 different colorways plus a middle color so 25 skeins altogether. It will be so very me and so very southwestern when completed.

I have a swift named "Kevin." This is the look I got from my swift when I showed him the 25 skeins that need winding. Also, the little Princess was not happy she might have to give up her "chair." Well, maybe later.

This weekend I also went to the home of my lifelong friend Julia, to teach her and her daughter Anna, who is 8, to knit. Here they are eager to get started. Two seemingly innocent non-knitting "muggles."

They are no longer so innocent. They may have caught the knitting bug but it is still to early to tell. It could turn into a knitting fever if we are careful! I will check back on them in two weeks.
It was really fun. Anna is a natural, at 8 years old she is so creative. I was so impressed with how well they both did on their first lesson. Anna is left handed and at first I wasn't sure how to teach her but she was more comfortable with knitting continental and after I showed her, she really picked it up very quickly.

I leave you with a look from little Princess!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


4 comments: to “ Where's the Snow and this or that

  • Anonymous
    April 16, 2007 at 9:25 AM  

    Great pictures! I love reading your blog! You must have upgraded your computer!

    I am dying to see the Log Cabin on the needles!

    I will bring my Swift and ball winder for you to borrow on Tuesday night! Your husband may not want you to knit after 25 skeins of Taki Cotton!!

  • Judy
    April 16, 2007 at 2:49 PM  

    Looks like you figured out how to upload photos! These are great. How nice of you to add more knitters to the cult. I am going to Knit Knacks today at 4 pm.

  • Throws Like A Girl
    April 16, 2007 at 8:07 PM  

    OO! I'm going to do a log cabin too! As soon as I finish the nonstripey sweater vest. I'm looking forward to a noncounting project. Mine will be in Sugar n Cream (I figure it will double as a GIANT dish cloth.) Hee hee.

  • YarnThing
    April 29, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

    I want to go to the Colorful Yarns store sometime. We should plan a field trip? You up to go again sometime soon?

    Marly