Lunch Hour in the Mile High City  

Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday, time for lunch. It is a beautiful day; out of the office onto the 16th Mall.
Just missed a shuttle; wait patiently for the next one.
Of course the wait is not usually very long.

Make a quick stop at Starbucks for an iced tea.
On to Independence Plaza to meet the lunch hour knit gang and KNIT!
Kathy and Sharon are here. Denise shows up a bit later.
On the left is the Kathy (http://mountainpurl.blogspot.com) who taught me how to do a Turkish toe up cast on and knit toe up socks. She has been knitting since she was 5 and teaches at String in Highlands Ranch on her "off" time. I was knitting in the lobby of another building, minding my own business, when Kathy and Denise walked by and Kathy said "what you making?" They just kind of picked me up and we have been knitting together ever since. It is so much more fun to knit with people that share your passion for knitting. I have learned a lot from Kathy. she is always willing to share her vast knitting knowledge. If you get a chance to take a class from her, she is an awesome teacher.

I used to work with Sharon and she knew how to knit but had not been really knitting a lot at the time, but she was starting to getting herself into it again so I invited her to knit with us at lunch. She definitely caught the knitting fever and has been going strong ever since. Kathy and Sharon are both going on the Sea Socks Cruise next week. I expect to see lots of pictures!

Look at Sharon with her beautiful shawl. It is absolutely a work of art. She should be very proud.

Darn, lunch hour is just too short. Like I always say work just gets in the way of my knitting. At least we have the hour in the middle of the day, it really helps to break up the day and keep me going.

What am I working on, you ask???? Long story, I will tell you about it later.

It is late so I leave you with some shots of the "Little Princess" who has suddenly become camera shy.
I am trying to wake up to go to bed.

I made it to the couch, what more do you want! Good Night!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post