Time is precious  

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Time is precious and goes by ever so quickly, especially when you don't want it to. I had a great time during the last couple of weeks with my daughter-in-law Katie. She was visiting from Florida while my son is on deployment overseas. She had to go back to Florida yesterday and I miss her already. I am looking forward to September when I will get to go visit her, my son and grandson.

Meanwhile ..

Katie gave me a new hair color ...


and a new haircut ......

I taught her to knit and while she was here we worked on Amber from the Debbie Bliss pure cotton book together.

Katie almost has the back of her Amber completed.


So do I!

My friend Stacy took some very cool pictures of Katie on Saturday. Katie is so beautiful and photogenic. Stacy is an up an coming photographer who did a wonderful photo shoot with Katie.


While knitting at Knit Knack on Saturday Katie saw this pattern and fell in love with it so much so that we bought yarn to knit this one together too! I also love it! This is from the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK book. Katie loves knitting and is a very ambitious beginner and rightfully so, she knits like she has been knitting a lot longer than 2 weeks. I think we will start this one together in September when I go for a visit.


Green yarn for Katie!


Blue yarn for me! I was Knit Knacks best customer that day!

Katie looks great in the Roman Stripe Boatneck I made from the Ann McCauley book. It is an open lace pattern made with Tahki Cotton Classic so she can wear it in Florida at least for some of the cooler days anyway. It could even used as a swim suit cover up.


Before she left, I got us each one of these necklaces made by my friend Stacy. The stones are aquamarine, peruvian opal, rubies, and calcedony on a chain of topaz and fine silver beads. That way we have something matching. Every time we see each other we pick out something matching to have as a memory of our time together. We have fun.
Knit Knack got these fun little necklaces in the store and we each picked one out. Katie's is the mud flap girl with the yarn and needles and mine is the knitting needles.

Dina was feeling left out. I should get her a new collar and pretty shirt.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


5 comments: to “ Time is precious