Weekends are for Knitting  

Sunday, July 1, 2007

This sure looks funny. Wonder what it could be?

Let me see .....
Still looks funny but it is the very beginnings of the Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style, of course. Yes, really, I know it doesn't look like it but the above will become this ....
My DIL Katie is here from Florida and I am so happy. I get to spend time with her. She wants to learn how to knit and I am happy to teach her. I took Friday off to spend the day with her so we went to my favorite place in Arvada, Knit Knack. She already crochets very well and she is picking up knitting very quickly. I am so excited that she wants to spend time with me while she is here. My son is on deployment and won't be back until mid September so she came out here to break up the time. Her family and friends are all here in Colorado and I am so very blessed that she also wants to hang out with me. She is spending the night with me Tuesday and Wednesday and we plan to hang out and knit a lot! (Yes, what a surprise.) We also have plans to go shopping and get some things together to send a box to my son. Here she is starting to knit and purl.
She is a natural. Yes she is learning continental style.
We picked out some yarn for a project to knit together. Everytime we see each other we buy something alike. Last time I went to Florida we ended up with matching Navy sweatshirts, only in different colors. This time we are going to make the same top in the same yarn only in different colors. We chose the Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton. Since she lives in Florida, cotton is a much better choice that wool.
Katie picked Dusty Rose.

I chose the darker Pink. It is a great color for me!

We are making "Amber" from the Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton/Stella Book.I love Debbie Bliss patterns. They are simple, yet elegant and her styles look good on many different shapes of women.

I love her! She is a doll and we had a great time.

I also purchased some Patagonia cotton in my color! I have decided that this will not be another Jawbreaker. I am done with them!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


1 comments: to “ Weekends are for Knitting