Hard Days Night  

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Last week was a rough week and I am glad to be through it. Midweek I had a birthday and turned 50. I have had no problems with that until I woke up on the "day" and reality set in. I had a really hard time dealing with it. I turned 50 before my husband. that is not a good thought. Next Friday he will turn 50 so I suppose I can deal with it for 9 days, especially since I have no choice. No matter, it was still rougher than I expected.

So, how do you get over a funky bad mood caused by a birthday you aren't ready to have? I will show you .....

It starts the night before by going to knit at Lollicup with the Arvada Knitters, some new friends and some old friends, all of whom are wonderful.
My longer time friend Denise joined the group and had a good time with my newer friends so that made me happy.
New friend Marlaina ("Marly") modeled her crocheted poncho. It was fabulous.

New friend Cheryl modeled her Jawbreaker. I love the pink/raspberry on her.

Longer time acquaintance, newer friend Judy show off her finished Jawbreaker and Poppy.

New friend Mary Kay finished her headband using her own hand dyed yarn. Fabulous.
Claudia's daughter Madison finished her bag while we were there. I love it that she brings her daughter and they knit together. Madison is only 12 and quite the accomplished knitter.

Saturday I met Claudia, Leah and Nachaele at the Bliss Cafe for lunch. I really love that place. Claudia makes stitch holders and gave me these great purple stitch holders. I love them. There are some really small ones for socks. These are way too cool. I will treasure them always. Claudia you are way too nice. If anyone is interested, Claudia of Creative Process Designs makes many great styles of markers and Knit Knacks sells them. She also has a catalog of her work. They are all awesome.

Nachaele delivered me some beautiful yarn from Colorful Yarns and she also picked up and delivered the cutest little shoes. See her blog "Eat-Knit-Sleep" for a picture of the shoes. They are so cute. We have the same taste in a lot of things and I had to have them. She is so sweet to have shopped for me. I will show and tell the yarn later.

After lunch we went to Knit Knacks (knitknacks.org) where we just get to sit, knit and talk.
Claudia, Chistie and Marly. Christie is back from vacation. We missed you Christie but I am glad you had a good time. Your sock turned out great.

Nachaele, Leah and Cheryl.

I am actually so blessed to have met so may great people that share my passion for knitting. I love spending my knitting time with them. It is so fun, Is it any wonder that I could not stay in a funk for too long.

I had to leave Knit Knacks "early" Saturday. Yes you heard right, I could not close the place down this week. I was slightly bummed but sometimes I guess you have to do other things besides knit. I suppose anyway..... but there were BD plans to deal with. My friends Patty, Sharon, Drew and DH's brother and sister-in-law, Dale and Jeanne made plans for DH and I. the problem is they would not tell us what we were doing. They said to dress casual and warm so, needless to say I was a little scared! With this group you never know what to expect. As it turns out, they took us up "up the hill' to the Lodge in Blackhawk. They treated DH and I to a wonderful dinner at the White Buffalo. It was a great place! I would go again. There were windows on three sides of the restaurant and the view from there is awesome. To top it off it was snowing and looked really cool. After that we proceeded to lose a few bucks at the slots and poker games. We had only been up there one other time. It is pretty interesting to watch the more serious gamblers. We all had a good time together.

All in all, I have to say I am blessed. I love my life, my family, my friends. I have a good job and a great boss. Everything around me is good right now so I just couldn't stay in a funk for too long. I guess it really is okay to turn 50 even if you have to do it 9 days before your husband!

What about my knitting you ask??? Of course I have been and I will tell you about that later.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


4 comments: to “ Hard Days Night

  • YarnThing
    May 6, 2007 at 11:31 PM  

    I love all the pictures you posted of the group! The one of me is even pretty good :-) (we are our own worst critic huh?)

    Gotta tell you, you are such a delightful gal to hang out with and knit! I am really happy that I got to meet you and get to spend time with you. Not to mention, YOU DON"T LOOK A DAY OVER 25!!!!!

    Chin up! :-)

    Thanks for making me feel so welcome!

    Marly
    knitthing.blogspot.com
    knitthing.mypodcast.com
    yarnthing.blogspot.com

  • Anonymous
    May 7, 2007 at 7:56 AM  

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    Sorry that I missed seeing you on Saturday. It sounds like a great time was had by all!

  • Judy
    May 7, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

    There is much life and knitting after 50 ( ask me how I know!). I look forward to hanging out of a Saturday after my trip(s).

  • Allegra
    May 7, 2007 at 8:24 AM  

    Happy Belated Birthday! I have only seen you once (first time I went to Knit Knack) and in pictures, but like Marly said, you don't look a day over 25!
    I am sorry I missed you Sat at Knit Knack. I got there around 3:30 and DID help close the place down. One of these days we will get to meet for real!