Very Unpredictable  

Monday, May 28, 2007

I know I previously said this one was next on the needles however ..........
I actually started this one ... same yarn, Debbie Bliss Rialto, different color, different pattern! This is Isabella in Apple green. It is still a simple pattern with class and great lines. A very flattering pattern. the yarn knits up like a dream.
Right now I have changed my mind several times and I am not sure if I am still going to use the Eggplant Rialto for Lucia or not. I love the pattern on the cover of the Rialto book. It is a cabled vest which I would have to change up a bit if I knit it and so I go back and forth on this. The vest has 4 inches of ribbing at the bottom and I don't think that will look good on me so if I knit the vest on the cover instead of Lucia I will have to do maybe 1/2" of ribbing and see if I can get in another cable repeat instead. May involve a little math. Not really a problem for me since I know how, I use a lot of math and calculations at work, I can figure out most anything but I also have a fear of getting something wrong and messing up my knitting. I have to wait until I decide for sure before I show the vest. We shall see. Play it safe and knit Lucia or go out on a limb and knit the cabled vest my way??? mmmm
I have a Jawbreaker finished and ready to block . The above picture is before sleeves but the sleeves are in, all ends are woven and the sweater is ready for blocking. I love this button; I know not the best picture, but trust me it is a really cool button. I picked it up at Knit Knack. I am not sure if I will use it on this Jawbreaker or not. I added some length to the collar and I am afraid it will cover up the button. I will see after I block it. If you don't already know, this about me I have this issue where I always make some little change to the pattern. Makes life interesting for me to say the least. On my first Jawbreaker I added a different edge to the front, I used smaller needles, I did not pick up all the stitches called for in the pattern for the collar, I made the collar shorter plus I did a 3 needle bind off on the shoulders. On this second Jawbreaker I picked up the exact amount of stitches the pattern called for on the collar, which meant picking up almost 2 stitches for every one, I made a longer collar (didn't think about the button), I added a single crocheted edge to the two fronts, I made the sleeves longer, I used bigger needles plus I used the 3 needle bind off on the shoulders. We shall see how this really turns out later this week. Yes, I admit it I have a problem following directions and usually do something to change up a pattern. Right, wrong or otherwise!

My one goal for this week is to finish a sweater that has been completed and the pieces have been blocked for a while now. It is from this book. I met Ann McCauley and find her designs beautiful. She is very delightful person, an accomplished knitter, a dancer and I love her book. The patterns are feminine and timeless. In person they are very beautiful. As usual the pictures in the book do not do them justice. I have the cover sweater on my list of knitting to do's.
I made this one .....

It is a great summer lace top to go over a cami. It is made out of Tahki Cotton Classic in a deep teal color. The pattern was fun to knit.
This will be finished and ready to wear, this week. I will finish this sweater, I will finish, I will finish, I will finish. It is a pullover so I only have two side seams, two shoulder seams and two arm seams. That's it! I know how to do it. I know how to do it well. I took a finishing class from the very best in town, Margaret Wahlin at Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins in Boulder. There is no excuse not to finish this week. I will finish my beautiful sweater! (If I say the word finish enough then just maybe....... the Karma to finish it will be there.)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


4 comments: to “ Very Unpredictable

  • Anonymous
    May 29, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

    No matter what goes on your needles next, everything is sooooooo beautiful!!

    You are such a great knitter!

  • YarnThing
    May 29, 2007 at 10:16 AM  

    You are so inspirational with your knitting! Everything you make is wonderful! I can't seem to get the courage up to knit a sweater let alone like 5 all at once :-)

    See you tonight.

    Marly
    knitthing.blogspot.com
    knitthing.mypodcast.com

  • Judy
    May 29, 2007 at 10:50 AM  

    I just love that button. Wow! I have made great strides on Isabella. Only 1/2 of the left front armhole and the collar remain.

  • Anonymous
    May 30, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

    HI Leanne,

    Here is the link to the Knitty Article that I told you about last night. The one that says how yarn ply affects the appearance of the stitches. As you can see, your purl stitch is perfect, and exactly what would be expected based on the type of yarn you are using.

    http://www.knitty.com/issuefall05/FEATwhyply.html

    Enjoy! Cat