June Knit Bits of Fun  

Monday, June 11, 2007

I cannot believe it is already June 11th. I do not know where the time goes but if anyone finds it please let me know. I am looking for more time. I need more time. More specifically, I need more knitting time!

I found Mini Me! In Arvada there was something called a Gold Strike Festival going on all weekend. On Saturday when I went to Knit Knack to knit, I found this little adorable little Purple Princess running around having fun. Isn't she sweet?
How do you like this bag? It is at Knit Knack. I am trying it out for size. It may be just a tad too big for me! What do you think? It would hold a lot of yarn, but if it is was full of yarn I am not sure I could lift it. I guess I better leave it as the couch decoration!Betsy is working on yet another Jawbreaker. I think she holds the record on how many any one person had made. I did finish my Burgundy Jawbreaker.I know this will be a huge surprise to many of you especially you Kathy, but.... my mother is getting this one! Friday was her birthday so we went to dinner, she came over after, tried it on. It fit her better than it fit me and now it is hers.Claudia taking a picture of me taking a picture of her. Yes, we are quite a silly group but we have oh so much fun!

Claudia's daughter Madison has the front of her Hedgehog finished. She also received a cute little accessory bag from Nichole. Madison is a great little knitter and I love watching her knit.

Last Tuesday at Knit Knack, Stacey from Sheep in the City joined us for knitting fun. Mary Kay hand dyed some yarn and brought it in. This colorway is named Sheep in the City and I think Stacey likes it!How do you like this yarn? I got it from here. It is from Denmark and Judy ordered it for both of us. It is really fun yarn. We first saw it here on Joanne's blog and couldn't resist.

It is going to be this sweater which is a free pattern that you can get here. I think this will be a fall/winter project for me.I picked up some Socks that Rock in the color Fire on the Mountain. Cathy was working on some Central Air socks in this colorway and the colors are absolutely gorgeous. I just had to have this!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


4 comments: to “ June Knit Bits of Fun

  • Judy
    June 11, 2007 at 12:44 PM  

    I love the burgundy Jawbreaker. Nice of you to give it to Mom. I finished Isabella. She looks good (too bad it is 90+). I think the big felted bag is better as a decoration unless you are going on a weekend trip and it would hold everything! I hope to see you soon. Yes, the Kauni is definitely a fall project (which fall, I am not sure!

  • Kathy
    June 11, 2007 at 2:35 PM  

    HA Ha Ha. Are you going to tell them your dirty little secret about your mom? That you give her all the knitted projects that you don't know if you like, or after you wear them once? Oh - did I just tell them. Hee Hee. It's hot here in Chicago.

  • Anonymous
    June 11, 2007 at 11:17 PM  

    Hey Leanne, your trick worked on my double chin! Thanks so much. I miss knitting with you. This Saturday (the 16th) I am planning to come to Knit Knack. Nachele said you and she were definitely going to be there and Scott will be out of town so I know I can make it. I miss chatting and knitting with you guys. See you then.

  • Allegra
    June 12, 2007 at 12:14 PM  

    It was great meeting you Saturday at Knit Knack! I just love STR Fire on the Mountain. It's breathtaking, isn't it?? I am using that along with STR Rhodonite to make the ever-popular Chevron Scarf.