The Last Weekend Happenings  

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I know I am behind on my days but what the heck!


I love going to the new yarn store in Arvada Knit Knack. It is a place you can just hang out, relax, shop, visit and knit to your heart's content. Thank you Gerri, you have a great place.
Katie, who is a new knitter and our awesome Knit Knack Barista!

Isn't this adorable! Nachaele gave this to me and I absolutely love it. It is a friendship statue and it made my day to receive this. Thank you Nachaele, I LOVE IT. I am ever so glad I went to the knitting retreat at the end of March in Buena Vista, by myself. That was quite challenging for me. At the same time Nachaele also attended the retreat by herself. We met, we had a great time and we then hooked up with the Arvada Knitting Group. I love being able to go knit at Lollicup and Knit Knack after work hours with such cool people. Thank you Nachaele, I love it.

I started some new toe up socks with this yarn. Claudia's HandPainted Yarn in Purple Earth. These are my Sea Socks. The yarn was a present from Kathy, who went off sailing and left me high and dry here in the mile high. Even so, my friends are the best. I love this yarn. The colors are fabulous. The stitch pattern is still undetermined since I am on my fourth try at swatching for the right pattern. So far a pattern has not hit me, but when it does it will be a real knock down. (and you thought I meant knock out didn't ya, but you know its the whole pattern hitting, knock down, yes I know very silly)


I was glad my friend Kathy joined us for a bit at Knit Knack on Saturda. She is working on the most beautiful deep purple shawl with beads on the ends (I love it, of course) and a beaded sock, again beautiful. Terri is working on her caplet. She is doing great and we should be able to see a finished product very soon.


Mary Kay is modeling my Lucy Neatby Celestrial Merino that Kathy gave me for my birthday. I think she like the colors. I know I do!

Isn't this the cutest little sock sack? Nichole bought one for everyone last Tuesday at Lollicup. How nice is that. I love all of my knitting friends. Thank you Nichole.

Leah almost has a toe up sock finished. After the heel turn it is all downhill. Up the leg really but downhill as far as I am concerned!

HAPPY KNITTING THOUGHTS TO ALL.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


2 comments: to “ The Last Weekend Happenings