Peaceful Busy Saturday  

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Some of my my Lilies are blooming. Lilies are my absolute favorite flower and I plant a new Lily in my backyard every year. There are only two of them that are currently blooming. I am having a hard time keeping the rabbits from eating them so my other plants are a bit sad at the moment. Does anyone know how to keep rabbits out of the yard, humanely?!

I left the house at 8:00 am on Saturday morning and did not return home until midnight. The day was long yet very enjoyable.

First I had an appointment with Cynthia who has a company called Color Quest to explore color, my color specifically. I learned so much about color, makeup and style. I had been to Cynthia 16 years ago but over the years I have slowly moved away from using my personal colors to make the right make up, clothing and yarn purchases. I love color and love many colors that are clearly not right for me personally but I learned that you can enjoy the colors you love from a distance but when making personal spending choices you need to use the colors that look best on you in order to feel your best. I have also changed a bit and needed this update to get me back on track. My hair has gotten darker and my skin is a bit pinker and what this does is change my color range a bit. I can wear a bit more contrast and my colors even though they were all in the same color family as they were 16 years ago were a little more in the meduim to dark range and maybe a bit muted. More about his experience later.

In the afternoon I went over to Knit Knack to enjoy knitting with friends. It was a more intimate group since many people had gone to Estes Park for the Wool Market. As always it was a great afternoon. Knitting friends are the best.

Nachaele gave me a really cool present. I don't deserve it but I love it! It is a skein of Hand Maiden Sea Silk in the most beautiful shade of purple, a red purple which is a perfect color for me. It is the softest most beautiful yarn and I am so excited. We are going to make the Montego Bay Scarf in the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. The scarf is beautiful and I will love making it. I can't wait to get started so maybe this week! I want to wait and start it at the same time Nachaele starts hers.
Thank you Nachaele, you are the best.
Christie finished her very first pair of toe up socks.
They are looking mighty fine. Good job Christie.
Judy finished her Isabella. Beautiful, I can't wait to see you wear it. Maybe when it isn't 90 degrees out?
Cheryl finished a cute dress for her very lucky granddaughter. It is so adorable. Cheryl also brought in some pictures of a window she painted. She is a very talented artist.
This is Betsy's sister Stephanie who joined us. She is taking a beginning knitting class and is doing really well.
Betsy, Cathy and Leah were all there as well. Knit Knack is one of those wonderful knitting stores that is welcoming and warm. It is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon. Very peaceful.
After Knit Knack closed I met my DH, Patty, Jeanne and Dale at Sharon and Drew's house house. They are a group on non-knitting "muggles" who do not understand my knitting life but sometimes they get "gifts" they seem to like.

My friend Patty wore her vest that I designed and knit for her. I used Berroco Suede in blue. The vest is simple, a 3 x 3 rib with a garter stitch edge that I knit in one piece to the arms, knitting the edging in as I went so there was minimal finishing. I just wanted to make something with that suede yarn to see how it worked up. I liked it.
It will close in the front but being a "muggle" she does not know how to block it out after she washes it. It is a 3x3 rib that was intended to be pulled apart and blocked out completely, oh well, I try but she says she likes it and doesn't want me to block it for her again!

Sharon and Drew fixed dinner and then we all went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Made for a late night but it was a fun, busy day. I love the weekends.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Peaceful Busy Saturday