Yarn Madness  

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What is it about getting yarn? I already have yarn, I don't need yarn but I love to get yarn. I feel like I need it but in reality I already have enough yarn for enough projects to keep me knitting constantly to sometime in the far future, without purchasing more yarn. Yea so, I still want more yarn. I just love yarn and there is no real explanation as to why I must buy more. I don't even have enough time to knit all the projects I have. Does that stop me? No I just must have more yarn. I have tried to control my insanity, I put my yarn and projects in a spreadsheet. I prioritized my projects. It is all in black and white. Does that stop me. No, I still must have more yarn. After more yarn purchases I have to re-prioritize my projects, it is a moving target at all times. Does this madness ever end? NO, one cannot get a hold of such a moving target. So far there is no end in sight, I am just insane for yarn. I am normally a very practical person, I am not OCD or so I thought until yarn came along. Now, who knows! It is an inanimate object and yet YARN RULES! Yarn changed me, I am obsessively insane when it comes to yarn. I know this, but do I stop. No as long as there is more yarn to buy, own, hold, fondle, pet and cuddle, I don't think I will ever stop.

Here are some of my more recent "mad" purchases.

Some superwash merino nylon sock yarn from the Woolen Rabbit. I think I will make some socks!

Some Vesper sock yarn in the colors Knit and Tonic and AquaMelon from Knitterly Things. I have tried to order this yarn for a while. She is always sold out but I just hit it right one day and how could I not get some of this great sock yarn. I think I will make some more socks!

I purchased a couple of skeins of this gorgeous yarn from Over the Rainbow Yarns on ebay. It is called Softball Cotton in a color called Dusty Crocus. Claudia had some Cotton Boucle from Over the Rainbow that I liked so I checked it out and found this! I got 800 yards and it was such a good deal, how could I not buy this. I think I might make an easy fast Rib Warmer from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop book. I think the yarn will be beautiful without a lot of fuss. We shall see!

This book is a classic and every knitting library should have a copy.

Then what did I do? As if I don't have enough yarn and projects to keep me busy. It is not even enough that I already have scores of project to knit, NO, I had to have this. I have to make this. Why, I really don't know other that it is absolutely fabulous, it is my colors, and two friends, blogless Sharon and Joanne and I all ordered the kits at the same time from Suzanne's. It was just one of those meant to be things. The kits were available and ready for our taking. It seems that we knitters like to purchase things along with other knitters and we take special delight and comfort in the fact that we are not alone in out madness.

"This" is the Koigu Magique Cloak.

It is in the Koigu Painter's Palette book. It will be fun to work on.The Magique Cloak, a KOIGU design, is made from forty-one (41) skeins of Koigu Premium Merino yarn in twenty colors. Nineteen painter's palette premium colors and one Premium Merino color. Gauge is 41 sts = 3 inches. Needle size is 3, or size to get gauge. Stitch is garter stitch. WOW, I can't wait! It is madness I say, completely insane but oh so FUN!!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


5 comments: to “ Yarn Madness

  • Anonymous
    June 12, 2007 at 2:01 PM  

    You are OK!! If someone set up an addiction group, we would all be there too! :)

    I am obsessed with yarn too!

  • Anonymous
    June 13, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

    Well, just think of all of the extra "insulation" that your house will have. Very handy in our brutal Colorado Winters (*snerk*)

    Think positively. You are acquiring useful items that provide enjoyment and entertainment (and clothing after the fact). You are not spending money on drugs or alcohol or anything else bad. :-)

    (Am I helping??? I can rationalize anything, just ask...)

  • Terrie D. (StarSpry)
    June 13, 2007 at 9:37 AM  

    Love that sock yarn...it's beautiful!

  • Judy
    June 13, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

    Hmmm, I think you will be working on the Koigu jacket for awhile and loving it when it is done. Also, love the sock yarn. I must investigate the source.

  • Kathy
    June 13, 2007 at 2:45 PM  

    Say it with me, "My name is Leanne and I am a yarnaholic."

    There is no cure.