Ended Finished Done Completed Concluded  

Friday, June 15, 2007

I finally finished sewing up my Roman Stripe Boatneck. It is complete and ready to wear. I will get a picture of me wearing it later. I used Tahki cotton Classic in a rich teal color. It is a good color for me.

The pattern is in this wonderful book by Ann McCauley. There are many other beautiful patterns in this book as well.


Here is a close up of the pattern stitch. It was actually a fun easy pattern to knit. Since it is a boatneck there is minimal shaping since the front and back are identical. If you do this pattern be sure to but an extra skein or maybe 2 of the yarn you choose. I ran out and had to order a skein and couldn't get the same dye lot. Fortunately the Takhi Cotton Classic is very predictable in color and you really can't tell. I have only a tiny little bit left after buying a whole other skein even though I purchased an extra one from what the pattern said right from the start.
Knit Knack, my new favorite LYS located in old Arvada has this fun and funky yarn in a tall bucket on the floor next to the cash register in the shop. This is the kind of yarn you just have to knit with so you see what it looks like. Nachaele actually found the yarn and wanted to make the Dream Swatch pattern by Wendy at http://www.knitandtonic.typepad.com/

The yarn is very different and pretty cool, so my interest was peaked. I also wanted to use this yarn, it is funky and fun so I took a small break purchased 2 skeins of color 3 (many colors with a main color of turquoise.) Same color as Nachaele if you must know.

The yarn is much different than the yarn Knit and Tonic used in her pattern so I adjusted a bit. I used a size 6 needle, only cast on 18 stitches and knitted this up. Just for fun every once in a while one needs a break and needs to knit up something fun and funky!

Okay, picture needs help, model needs more help, bad hair day, bad makeup day, bad light day and then I still need to weave in ends and block this but its just for FUN! You can still get the idea.

Here is a close up of the pattern. Fun and funky but I love it!

Beginning Saturday I will be concentrating on color. More about that later but I promise it will be interesting. If you spend a lot of money on yarn and clothes you will want to stay tuned. If you are on a tight budget you will want to stay tuned. I will be going through a process of determining my color and style so I can make the best use of my yarn, makeup and clothes budget. I will Pass on some how to tips along the way. After a few obvious blunders and wrong color choices I want to do this so I can prevent future costly mistakes by learning to only buy only what looks the best on me.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


6 comments: to “ Ended Finished Done Completed Concluded